Hi, my name is Bren and I write novels for young readers. I'm fascinated by the future and all things science fiction. I adore the many natural environments we have downunder.
I have travelled extensively and I really love life in Kalbarri on the mid west coast of Australia and think it's very unfair I sometimes have to leave and go out into the real world.
My love of the environment and fascination with the future have naturally combined in my novels for children and I hope the wild adventures I write give young readers tools and a language to talk about the kinds of futures they want to see. If we can dream it, we can build it.
Some quick facts:
- Born in New Zealand
- Raised on the land in New Zealand
- Went to many schools in New Zealand
- Backpacked around the world in my 20s
- Lived for 20 years in Melbourne
- Have two adult kids and a dog
- Have ridden motorbikes around the US
- Lived in a bus travelling around Australia for 2 years
- Now run a holiday business in Kalbarri, WA.
- Hobbies: Swimming, walking the dog, kayaking, hiking
- I drive a fully electric car and I don't eat meat or dairy - more ways to save the world